Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dana Delan Plastic Surgery Botox Before and After Nose Jobs

Dana Delany's botched Botox job struck a nerve

Actress Dana Delany has sworn off cosmetic surgery after a botched Botox job left her with a droopy eye.

"Something nobody ever talks about is doctor error," the 54-year-old star of ABC's "Body of Proof" tells November's Prevention magazine. "Seven years ago, I had never even heard about Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since."

In fact, Delany says, "It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit… I was symmetrical before and now I am not. I stopped going to him right then."

As far as getting any additional nips-and-tucks, Delany tells the magazine, "I won't do it, no." Instead, she plans to follow the lead of other actresses who are letting themselves grow older gracefully.

"My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything," says the former "Desperate Housewives" star. "And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."

Dana Delaney of Desperate Housewives is this month’s cover girl on Prevention Magazine. Inside, she talks about her eating disorder as a teen and a botched Botox injection that left her with a permanent droop to her eye. Coupled with Kim Kardashian’s waxy cat face, Dana’s story is enough to turn me off Botox forever. I’ve admitted to being Botox-curious, but if risks include permanent facial paralysis and a wonky eye I think I’ll take a pass. Dana’s eyes look fine, though. Here’s what she said.

When I was a teenager and in my 20s, I had eating issues. I binged. I starved. I was one step away from anorexia–a piece of toast and an apple would be all I’d eat in a day. When I turned 30, my life got interesting and I stopped focusing on eating. Part of it was doing China Beach. I needed to have energy to work those long hours, and so I started eating more healthily.

I don’t like meat, so I don’t eat it. I just prefer vegetables, tofu, and fish. And recently I was told by my endocrinologist that I am gluten intolerant. I’m not supposed to eat bread or pasta, which is really hard when you don’t eat meat. But I’m trying gluten-free pasta, bread. It makes you less bloated and sluggish when you cut it out of your diet.

Something nobody ever talks about is doctor error. Seven years ago, I had never even heard about Botox. My dermatologist was saying, “You should try it.” He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit. Now that I said this to you, everybody will look for it! I notice it more than anybody else, but I was symmetrical before and now I am not.

We are getting to the point that nobody says, “That’s a beautiful woman.” Instead, they say, “She’s had good work.” And I hope that at some point we can stop dyeing our hair. I’m not saying I’m not dyeing my hair—I have to because I’m on camera—but wouldn’t it be nice? We would all save so much money and time. My hat’s off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She’s so smart, and she doesn’t dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don’t worry about that kind of thing.